Sunday, December 8, 2013

Remembering The Dream

Shalom and blessings to you all. 

Obviously, we did not have our regular Shabbat service yesterday.   Yet, I was prepared with a simple message.  So, I will expound on one of the beautiful points I was going to make for your encouragement. 

We were looking at the Aliyah is which Joseph finally reveals himself to his brethren.  It was a devastating, yet beautiful encounter.  I could not help but think about when Joseph saw his brethren bowing to him.  They did not know who he was, yet it was at that very moment he remembered the dream. 
Isn’t it amazing that nine years have passed and it took this profound meeting for him to remember the dream that he once had?  Why did he not attempt to search out his father in the nine years that he had gone from the prison to the palace?  Why did he not send emissaries to search out his brothers to see if they were still bent on killing him?  Why did he not send spies to search out and to see if his father would want to still embrace a favorite son that had been gone for so long? 

The revelation rests in the circumstance in which he found himself in.  The blessings of the Lord so overwhelmed him that he forgot all of his troubles, all of his woes.  Oh, I’m sure that he probably thought about his father from time to time, as well as his brothers.  But the blessings of the Lord so overtook him, as well as the responsibilities of the purpose of his life, that it slowly slipped his mind. 
My point, brothers and sisters, is that when the promise of the Lord, the dream He has given, and the purpose of our lives culminate one day, the hardships, tests and trials that we had to endure will seem like sand in our hands. 

My encouragement to you is to be strong and very courageous within whatever you are facing today.  For in your tomorrow, a blessing will surely come as promised.
Lastly, when Joseph wept aloud, all of Pharaoh’s house heard.  Take solace and shalom in the fact that when you weep, the entire house of your heavenly Father takes notice.  As I said last week, your day of reckoning has come.   

4 comments:

  1. awesome words of wisdom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is faithful and He always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus. What He has promised He is faithful to complete. God bless you David. Great word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going through something right now! Yeshua will overcome and guide my path. He has blessed me far beyond my expectations already. I will remember Joseph and his life to encourage me in mine. Thank you my brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If The Lord brought you to it, he will bring you through it. Be encouraged, my dear sister, and be blessed!

      Delete