Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Congregation of the Dead

Proverbs 21:16 KJV, [16] The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.  I just found this scripture. Wow, there are congregations of the dead. I knew there were dead congregations (i.e. congregations that no longer exist), but then there are those who think they are alive, but their lack of understanding and refusal to get understanding puts them in fellowship with the dead.

If you are on the path of being a truth seeker, remain on that path, no matter where it leads you. You will find that the more you seek, the more narrow that path of understanding will get.

The path I am on right now is with a group of believers that all readily and humbly admit their lack of understanding. Therefore, we insatiably search Torah so that we may gather an understanding that, heretofore, has been denied us for literally decades of doctrine; even centuries.

But, you, my brothers and sisters, will know the TRUTH (Prov. 119) if you care to take the time to find it. If not, you will wander off the path that you were once on. You thought you knew it all. When you get to the point that all you do is rehash what you have learned and taught over and over again, just in different packages, then you are on another path. That path is the path of the blind; the willing-blind.

I don't say these things in condemnation. I say these things in hope that, like myself, your eyes will be open and that you will realize, as I have, that no one really cared enough to tell me truth no matter what the cost to them personally. You can't know ones motives completely, but if the message seems to be counterproductive by this worlds standards and that person continues to preach that truth regardless of consequences, that is a person that has grabbed on to something and no amount of fortune, fame or power will deter them from that truth. I can learn from such a one; I hope to be such a one.

This path, early on, cost me my career, my wife, many of my family and friends. But it was worth it to get to the understanding that I needed for then. Now, I find myself once again sacrificing relationships, possessions and ideals- for truth- for an understanding that makes more sense to me than ANY doctrine, ideal or creed that I have ever experienced in my ENTIRE walk with the Lord.

He saw me fit to understand this truth and ready to endure the persecution that I would face, even from those whom were entrusted to me as friends and spiritual family. It had been heartbreaking at times, especially when I think about the fact that all I am trying to do is find the truth - I have been condemned for that - So be it.  I refuse to be in the congregation of the dead.

I am alive in Yeshua. He is the word of truth. He is Torah, the word of truth. He is the word made flesh. I will follow the way of Torah, for how can I deny the very word that he not only taught and lived, but died for. He LIVED it and was condemned for the way that he LIVED Torah. Let me be as He and walk in the grace to fulfill Torah, just as he fulfilled Torah.  He said I could and I am walking it right now...(Matthew 5:19) Therefore whoever shall break/relax one of these commandments, the least, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of Heaven. But whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of Heaven.
 

I refuse to be known as one of "the least" in heaven any longer. I shall live and teach the commandments that YHVH gave us just as Yeshua did. Do you not know that Yeshua is called great in Heaven? By his own standards in that verse, one must do and teach the commandments in order to be called great.  He is because he lived and taught the commandments. These are words of Messiah, not my own. He told us to do and teach the commandments of YHVH and, by the way, they are not hard or burdensome.

1 John 5:3 says, "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

1 John 2:3 KJV, [3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his
commandments.

1 John 3:23-24 KJV, [23] And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. [24] And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment